CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

When it rains it pours...

and floods, and sprinkles, and poops.  This post talks about bodily fluids of children, dogs, and washing machines....so quit reading if you don't want to hear about it.

Yesterday Cooper and I headed to Wal-Mart...and not 2 minutes after we got inside it poured...and I mean poured for about 45 minutes.  No big deal...we just shopped around.  We get home and it's time for a diaper change....and wouldn't you know I look away for one second and urine is being sprayed straight up in the air...all over Cooper...hair, face, and whole body...all over my shirt...and almost in my face...and he's belly laughing the whole time.  Now there is a comforter and some clothes to add to my laundry piles...the laundry fairy at our house is already in over her head...and now she's drowning.

Today started out with Cooper covered in urine when I went to get him out of his bed...no big deal...note to self...start using the nigh time diapers that I got.  Morning nap time ended with being covered in pee again...no big deal one more change of clothes and sheets...at this point what's another load of laundry.

We went and visited our friends Andrea and Michael today.  I kept Michael a few days a week a couple years ago and I love going to visit.  We had a great visit and Cooper LOVED being around Michael who is almost 3.  Michael read to Cooper and they ate lunch together...too cute.

When Cooper went down for his afternoon nap I had planned to get a ton of things done from my "to-do" list.  One of those things included cleaning out the washer lent basket...yes I said washer lent basket.  This involves manually draining any water that is in the washer (much easier than it sounds) and then ....finishing the job...to keep it short.  It usually takes a few minutes to drain it...so I decided to go ahead and load the washer and get it ready to go for when I was done with lent cleaning.  Well I guess my mind was somewhere else because about 10 minutes later I think to myself "oh I'm sure that's done draining now"...and then I thought to myself...."oh **** I started the washer with the drain open".  You can see right where this story is headed.  That's right...I walked into a completely flooded laundry room.  If you've never been in our laundry room/pantry/extra fridge/dog sleeping room....it's not small.  An hour and a half of sopping up water...moving the fridge and washer and dryer and dog beds later...all the water was up.  I feel like this description of what went on this afternoon in our laundry room does not in any way do what really happened justice.  Anyway...it's done.  Everything happens for a reason...I can't help but wonder if I kept our house from burning down by cleaning the large amount of dog hair that was behind the fridge and all up in the wires and coils....it was enough dog hair to be a small dog...and by small dog I mean a whole other Mollie dog.

Oh but wait my day of liquids and bodily fluids is not over.  Sampson sometimes leakes stuff from his bummy.  There was some on the couch and some on the floor in Coopers room....this needed to be taken care of asap.  A little resolve here...and there...and going to get some paper towels...and that dog is licking up the resolve!  You have got to be kidding me.  So 30 minutes later on hold with the vet and a call in to the resolve company and poison control later....he's supposed to be just fine with no intervention...."but keep a close eye on him".

With that the day is coming to an end with some great junk TV and a Pina Colada :)

I was pleasantly surprised with myself when I reacted to todays "issues" not by crying, or cursing...but instead I found myself praying.  I found myself saying "Thank you God that I have a washer and dryer.  Thank you god that I have water to clean up.  Thank you God that I have a house.  Thank you God that I have dogs I love and a phone to call for help when needed"

More adventures to come tomorrow...

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed this entry. Not that I enjoyed your struggles...but I enjoyed reading how you overcame and (my favorite part) prayed. You're an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete